Adhyayan has always placed the child at the centre of all that it does. We believe that it’s essential for students to be involved in all aspects of their education: from having a say in their curriculum and project work to helping formulate rules and codes of conduct. Students bring a much needed fresh perspective to the table.
So this Children’s Day, Adhyayan has decided to launch the Student Leadership Contest. The competition aims at encouraging school managements to invite their students to play a bigger leadership role. The participating student (or up to a team of maximum 5 students) must think of a change they want to bring about in their school, or an initiative that they want to launch; which will improve the daily functionality of the school. The idea must be a student led initiative and acceptable to the school leadership. Students must then make a three min short film presenting their idea creatively and send it to Adhyayan. Our team will put the selected videos on our YouTube channel. A panel of eminent judges will choose three finalist videos from the pool. One more finalist will be chosen on popular opinion; based on max no of hits the video receives.
The finalist will be invited for a live web conference where they can present their idea to a live audience and judges. After a conversation with the judges one winner will be chosen as the Adhyayan Student leader. The winning team will be awarded with a feature on both the Adhyayan website and the Adhyayan Standard and INR 10,000.
- Student voice is one of the most important elements in the functioning of a school. The participant student (or a team of maximum 5 students) must think of a change they want to bring about in their school, or an initiative that they want to launch; which will improve the daily functionality of the school. Let your thoughts flow. The only conditions are that this needs to be a student lead initiative, acceptable to the school leadership, and must be executed by students.
- While creativity will be rewarded, the participants need to be considerate of the realistic aspect of their plans and must understand the constraints of the present day scenario. If the student submits a plan which might require a considerable amount of funding, then the pragmatism of the plan stands questionable. The plan must be such that it is for the improvement of the school, it is put in to practice entirely by the students and it requires very little involvement from the school leadership.
- The students need to present their plan in the form of a video. The video can be between 3-6 min in duration. Students can choose to use any technique of video making. We want to know the concept of desired change, the plan of action and the agenda for execution of said plan.
- The videos should be sent to the Adhyayan team before the 10th of December. We will put the selected videos online on the Adhyayan YouTube channel. Only the videos which adhere to the rules and guidelines mentioned by us, will be shared on YouTube.
- For submissions via CD, please send in your CD at the Adhyayan Office Addressmentioned in the form. Kindly make sure your CD reaches us before 10th December. In case you are sending us the video online, we would suggest you upload it on a file sharing platform like DropBox, Google Drive, 4shared, FileHippo and many others. After uploading, send us a download link for the video along with the application form.
- The panel of judges will choose three videos from the pool as the finalists. One more finalist will be chosen based on popular opinion; judging for the popular opinion category will be for the maximum amount of hits on the video shared on the YouTube channel. The voting for this category will be open till the 10pm of 20th of December 2014.
- The finalists will be invited for a live web-conference to be hosted on the Adhyayan YouTube channel. This real time web-conference will be a platform for the finalists to present their idea to a live audience and to the judges. After a conversation with the judges, one winner will be chosen as the Adhyayan Student Leader.
- The winner team will be awarded with a feature on the Adhyayan website, feature in the Adhyayan Standard and INR 10,000.
- The duration of the video must not exceed 6 mins.
- The video must be submitted only in .mp4 or .avi format.
- The lighting and visibility on the video must be clear and the audio must be audible. A poor quality video may not be fit for publication on YouTube and hence may not be considered for the competition
- Each video must have a title and a brief concept which should be mentioned clearly in the application form
- The video must not contain any information, visuals or personal comment/opinion which may be defamatory to the school.
- The supervisor of the school must have seen the video submitted by the student and every submitted entry will mean that the school is in agreement to the student’s participation and entry in to the competition.
- The Adhyayan team will contact the supervisor and the school once they receive the student entry. Inability to get in touch with the team will lead to the disqualification of the student’s video from the pool of entries for competition.
- In case of the school having disagreements with the videos submitted by the students, the school can contact the Adhyayan team and the video shall be taken off the internet.
- The entries will be accepted from 15th November till 10th December 2014.
- The finalists will be announced on the 15th of December and will be given details about the web-conference to be held on the 20th of December, 2014.
After the web conference on 20th December 2014, the winner will be announced by the judges.
PLEASE PRINT OUT THE APPLICATION FORM AND SEND IT TO
Adhyayan Quality Education Services Pvt. Ltd., A-17, 1st Floor, Royal Industrial Estate, Sewree Wadala Cross Road, Wadala West, Mumbai – 400 031
If you have any doubts or queries please email at email@example.com.
Please send in your application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to fresh and innovative ideas from students across the country!
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE FORM